Gentech Dentist takes great care to give you the information you need to help you understand your procedure, as well as maintain high-quality dental hygiene well beyond your visit.
Here you will find a list of Gentech customer’s most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). It will give you a comprehensive overview of the Gentech philosophy and basic steps that you can take to ensure optimum dental health. Knowledge makes a powerful smile!
In addition, we hope that the following FAQs will provide you with a more comprehensive overview of the standard operating procedures you can expect from every Gentech Dentist office, and help solidify your decision to become a lifelong customer.
If you can’t find the answer to your question here, please do not hesitate to contact your preferred Gentech Dentist office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I am afraid of going to the dentist. Can you do anything to help me feel better?
- Yes! Dentistry does not have to be painful or stressful! We provide you with choices. First, via our “Special Requests” program, we will ask you questions and address any fears, discomforts or concerns you may have. We will explain the available techniques, options, and procedures. For example, rather than have an injection, you may be able to take advantage of nitrous oxide and/or our no-drill, air abrasion fillings! We want to know what you like and dislike. Gentech Dentist is committed to making your dental visit as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Our dental offices also feature movies, music and a number of other amenities to entertain, distract and soothe you. Our doctors and support staff wants you to be at complete ease! If there’s anything we can do, all you need to do is ask.
- I’m really afraid of needles. What do I do?
- We have processes for many procedures that can avoid the use of needles altogether. Talk to us about it, so we can recommend an alternative for you. You may be able to take advantage of nitrous oxide and/or our no-drill, air abrasion fillings. What we do at Gentech Dentist is all about listening to your needs and concerns and working together to create a solution.
- Are you more expensive than other dentists?
- Our fees are structured to be competitive with the majority of dentists in our area (Portland/Vancouver metro area). Our state-of-the-art technology actually helps Gentech to conserve time and resources. In addition, the largest insurers in the states in which we are located (Oregon and Washington) recognize our fees as customary and reasonable. We are also PPO providers with many insurance companies.
- What makes Gentech different?
- By creating and keeping an ultra-clean, ultra-safe, ultra-caring environment for Gentech customers and staff, Gentech makes a difference in the lives of their customers as well as the community and the environment. Creating convenience and care for our customers is a key goal for our entire Gentech team. We have six locations to choose from so whether you are coming from work or home, your visit to any Gentech Dentist location will be hassle free! Also, our special requests program invites you to tell us your likes, dislikes, or special needs for your trip to the dentist so we can continue to make your visits to Gentech Dentist soothing and comfortable.
- What new technology does Gentech have?
- While too numerous to list here, some of our features include innovations such as no-needle, no-drill fillings. Our “paperless” dental offices employ computer charting, video clarifications and digital dental x-rays that deliver significantly less radiation. This technology frees staff to spend time with people, not paper and chemicals. In addition, Gentech Dentist also offers Opalescence Boost Teeth Whitening, patient education and informational materials via DVD, interactive video images of dental procedures as they are being done, and IV Sedation. Gentech also employs state-of-the-art cleaning and disinfection procedures in each office through the use of disinfecting ultraviolet lights and an advanced technology HVAC system.
- Do you take insurance?
- Yes, we take virtually all forms of insurance and are preferred providers with many insurance companies. Contact an office to check your coverage!
- What forms of payment does Gentech accept?
- Gentech accepts insurance plans, personal checks, cash, debit cards, and all major credit cards.
- Does Gentech offer any payment plans?
- Gentech offers financing through CareCredit, a third-party financing company. If you would like to apply for extended credit, you can apply for a CareCredit Card (application process is similar to applying for a Visa or Mastercard). We have application forms at the office for you – simply bring in two pieces of ID with you and we can help you complete the form. Or, apply online at: carecredit.com. Also, Gentech is willing to work with you to make your dental care more affordable. Please contact your nearest Gentech Dentist office for a payment plan that works best for you.
- What types of dentistry do you perform?
- We perform the complete range of comprehensive care for all ages, including cleanings, fillings, veneers, crowns, bridges, braces, root canals, implants, dentures, etc. Read more about our full range of dental services and dental specialists to find out how we can become your dental home.
- Where can I find a Gentech Dentist office?
- Currently, there are six strategically-located Gentech Dentist offices designed to meet the diverse needs of the metro Portland/Vancouver areas:
13831 NW Cornell Road, Suite A, Portland, OR 97229
13023 SE 84th Avenue, Suite A, Clackamas, OR 97015
- Hillsboro / Orenco Station
5880 NE Cornell Road, Suite D, Hillsboro, OR 97124
7107 SW Macadam Avenue, Portland, OR 97219
- North Vancouver / Salmon Creek
14201 NE 20th Avenue, #1101, Vancouver, WA 98686
- East Vancouver
605 SE 164th Avenue, #103, Vancouver, WA 98684
- What are your hours?
- Monday through Thursday, 7 AM to 7 PM. Fridays, 7 AM to 4 PM. We also offer 24/7 emergency on-call service.
- Is Gentech accepting new patients at this time?
- My teeth are badly stained. Where can I find out more about tooth whitening?
- Please find more information in our Teeth Whitening Section.
- Does Gentech treat small children?
- Yes, we do. Please consult the Gentech Dentist office nearest you to make an appointment or with further questions.
- Do you provide sleep or conscious sedation dentistry?
- Yes! Contact your Gentech Dentist office to determine whether sleep dentistry or conscious sedation are available at that particular office. Learn more about different methods of sedation.
- My tooth is killing me and I need to see a dentist today. Can you help me?
- We provide emergency dental services at all of our locations. In most cases, we are able to make same-day appointments for any dental emergency. We know how excruciating this type of pain can be and will do our best to see you as soon as possible to resolve your pain. Read more about dental emergencies or find a location near you.
- Do you offer WiFi at your dental offices?
In case you have an unexpected wait, or are waiting for a friend or family member, you can enjoy free WiFi at four of our six offices: East Vancouver, Clackamas, Macadam and Hillsboro.
- Who do I contact if I’m interested in working for Gentech Dentist?
- Gentech Dentist is always happy to hear from doctors, hygienists, dental assistants and others who might be interested in working for one of our Portland, Oregon or Vancouver, Washington locations! You may send your resume and/or letter of interest to: email@example.com. You may also visit our Careers page for more information.